Art Room “Favorite Days” Are Here

We’ve been celebrating our “Favorite Days” in art this past week.   My students earn minutes toward a special art day where they get to choose some of their favorite art activities to explore.  This is also an opportunity for them to complete unfinished projects and pass back pieces that are ready to go home.  Here are some of the areas we’ve enjoyed exploring.

light boxes

weaving

modeling for each other and drawing!

coloring

Jenga – one of Mrs. B’s favorites!

computer time

cutting and pasting – crafty stuff!

drawing in sketchbooks

choice drawing time

2 thoughts on “Art Room “Favorite Days” Are Here

1. I LOVE your weaving center–do you have the looms hanging in the window??? My students LOVE center day!!!
    I have
    -painting
    -stamping/scrapbooking
    -marble maze building
    -legos
    -modeling clay
    -dry erase boards
    -smartboard
    -yarn & beads (kids love yarn!!!)

i would love to start a weaving center like yours–did you make the looms? they look large–
    thanks
    sue

2. Hi Susan – thanks for your nice comments! Great center ideas – I’m adding stamping and modeling clay next time around, I know my kiddos would love those options. Last year we did lots of weaving – you’re right, kids love yarn. About the loom – it is a large “stand up” loom, about 56″ wide and 46″ tall. Sax Arts has them – called a “Friendly Loom” When I got mine about 5 years ago, seems like it was around $100…now I see in the catalog it’s up to $267, yikes. I still think it’s a good investment – my kids use it all the time; when they are done with their projects one choice they can make is weaving at the loom. We turn our finished pieces into wall hangings or pillows for the art room. I think you could build one of these pretty easily for way less than $260…the construction is really simple, and you could use nails for the warp yarn.