Fun Felt Pins

Our Georgetown students are excited about some special guests that are coming to our school in June – elementary students from our sister school at Raey Guang in Pingtung City, Taiwan! Some of our students are blog pen-pals and have been learning all about life in Taiwan.

Our art students wanted to create a special gift for our guests.  The challenge: create something small and lightweight that would easily fit into a small suitcase filled with other treasures accumulated during the trip to the United States.  And of course, our gift should be really cool too!

Our fourth grade artists were inspired by the fabric story quilts created by Faith Ringgold….and our little wearable art pins made from felt scraps, sequins, and tacky glue are the result.

Here are a few….I love them, don’t you?  Our artists made two pins – one to keep, and one to give as a gift.

Fourth Grade Felt Pins

102_1852

Fourth Grade Felt Pins

Fourth Grade Felt Pins

3 thoughts on “Fun Felt Pins

1. I love it! Believe it or not, I found a very big bag of very small felt squares today while doing some end of the year cleaning. Hmmm, I thought, what shall we do with these? Now I know! May I borrow your fabulous idea?

2. Oh great! I can’t wait to try this with the kids. I have some pins leftover from our Haiti House projects. What kind of glue did you use for the felt. Are the pins all felt or did you use a thin cardboard base?