The Collage Project

MRS. BROUWER’S COLLAGE PROJECT….

I always make an art-related goal for myself over the summer.  This year my (overly ambitious!) goal has been to create one small collage every day.   I have discovered that I work a little too slowly to produce a daily collage….but the process has brought me to my little upstairs studio each day and I am hooked on making these fun pieces of art!  I discovered that I need to give myself a “theme” for each group of collages…..this theme of recent collages is SEEING.  My next group has already seen influence from our garden…stay tuned for some Veggie Tale collages next!

7 thoughts on “The Collage Project

1. These are beautiful! What do you use for the collages? Magazine photos? Your own artwork? Are these on paper? What a gift art teacher Georgetown has, Mrs. Brouwer!

2. Pingback: Mrs. Brouwer is an Artist in the Summer, too! | Georgetown Elementary School

3. There is so much beauty around us all the time but I find my creative juices go crazy in the summer months. The inspiration is boundless! Great work, hope to see them in person this fall.

Have a wonderful summer.

4. Thanks – I’m thinking of doing a mini art show when we return to school…I am accumulating a pile of these little collage guys! I use 5×7 pieces from my collection of handmade papers for the base – then I watercolor on them, and glue cut pieces from magazines, cut up photocopies of my own artwork and drawings, and right now…vegetables and leaves from the garden that I am scanning and then drawing on top of. Then I draw and color some more using crayons, pencil, chalk…whatever looks good! Right now I’m photo-documenting the process, and will post that on the blog too. As I work I am trying to figure out how I can guide my students to be more playful and experimental in their own art making too. Stay tuned for more goodies!

5. Wow Mrs. Brouwer, those are great! I’d love to see them in person-and make a couple myself. I’m glad to see you’re having an art filled summer. I have some of your beautiful chicken feathers in my artwork, have you used them yet?

Have fun!

6. Thanks Mrs. Myrmel – I think some feathers will show up in a group of collages soon! How is your feather supply, do you need some? Hope you are enjoying your summer! JB